Rebecca Renner’s debut collection of high octane literary fiction includes 8 stories:
– “Drift,” A truck driver unwillingly helps cover up a toxic spill outside Daytona Beach.
– “Everything’s New,” a pair of hurricane Katrina evacuees deals with friction from their interracial marriage.
– “The Rescue Club,” Shipwreck victims find themselves changed after reliving their trauma.
– “Elizabeth, Elizabeth,” The husband of a mentally ill woman comes to terms with a difficult choice regarding her treatment.
– “Sweet Water,” An unlovable Texan woman tries to woo a local invalid by teaching him how to swim.
– “The Nonquitt Key,” A do-nothing celebrity discovers his parents’ infidelity and just can’t deal with it.
– “Ekundayo,” A senator’s son gets wrapped up in violence in Africa.
– “Cathode Ray Gods,” A novella set in a violent future, “Cathode Ray Gods,” depicts the personal toll fighters endure to be famous. Is fame worth it?
Get a free preview right here: