“Rebecca Renner is the best thing about Florida,”
which is a weird way of calling me a beach.
Anyway, hello. You made it here somehow. It’s nice to have you. You’re probably hoping I’ll talk about myself here, so I guess I can do that, even though that puts me through the pain of being known.
Here are the bullet points:
- I write mostly for National Geographic.
- Sometimes my work finds its way to other cool places like The New York Times, Outside Magazine, Sierra, Tin House, Paris Review, et cetera et cetera et cetera.
- I used to be a high school English teacher, which means I can do anything.
- I have an MFA in fiction writing, and I came to journalism by accident. Oops?
- Hear me out: Swamps are actually wonderful. They’re biodiversity hotspots. Quit hating on wetlands.
- Sharks and alligators are cute. Fight me.