Because so many people have been asking, here is an update to my current book review policy. Please read all of these guidelines before contacting me. Review requests that do not follow these guidelines or are sent anywhere other than through my contact page will be cut into tiny pieces, set on fire, and then fed to the unspeakable howling void in my attic. Cheers!
This policy is also available on my book review policy page.
I DON’T ACCEPT:
- *Books I have to pay for.* (That’s not how book reviewing works.)
- Self-published books
- Middle Grade, Picture Books, Books for Children
- Comics or Graphic Novels, because I wouldn’t know how to critique that.
- Dystopias, just because I don’t want to read any more dystopias.
- Paranormal romance
I HAVE A STRONG PREFERENCE FOR:
- Hardback books, but paperbacks are also fine.
- Thrillers, mysteries, literary, science fiction and fantasy, book club and upmarket fiction
- I really dig cool, reputable small presses like Tin House, Coffee House, and Graywolf. I like university presses, too!
If you have read all of the above and still want a curmudgeon like me to review your book, submit a brief description of your book’s plot and genre, a little bit about you, and your publishing timeline via my contact page.
I reserve the right to decline any book based purely on my own whims and desires. I receive many more book review requests than I could possibly read. I will only respond to an itty-bitty fraction of them, but thank you for sending them nonetheless.
NOTE: MY ACCEPTANCE OF AN ARC COPY OF YOUR BOOK DOES NOT GUARANTEE A REVIEW. I DON’T LIKE WRITING BAD REVIEWS, SO I DON’T REVIEW BOOKS I DON’T LIKE. I’M ALSO VERY BUSY AND SLOW. BUT IF I LOVE YOUR BOOK, I WILL TOTALLY SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS!
HOW YOU CAN HELP OUT!
Right now, I’m working on getting more freelance work, and I’m editing my novel. If you’d like to support me while I’m editing, you can:
- Follow me on social media: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Goodreads.
- Follow this blog. 🙂
- Sign up for my mailing list here.
- Support me on Patreon. There is an option on there to purchase a manuscript critique/review from me.